J 21-06 Assessment and Management of PMS and PMDD in the Adolescent
(NPWH Activity Number J 21- 06)
Casey S. Hopkins, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC, is Assistant Professor of Nursing at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina, a women’s health nurse practitioner in the Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, at Prisma Health-Upstate in Greenville, South Carolina, and Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville.
Bianca A. Forte, MSN, WHNP-BC, is a women’s health nurse practitioner in the Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, at Prisma Health-Upstate in Greenville, South Carolina.
Target AudienceThis continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners and other healthcare providers who provide primary care for adolescents.
Approval CE Approval Period: Now through December 31, 2023
Post-tests must be completed during the approval period with a passing score of 70% or higher to earn CE. No refunds will be issued if the activity is not completed within the approval period.
This activity has been approved for 1.0 contact hour of CE credit including 0.25 contact hours of pharmacology content
- Identify diagnostic criteria and appropriate evaluation of the adolescent for PMS/PMDD.
- Discuss recommended nonpharmacologic therapies for adolescents with PMS/PMDD.
- Describe indications, mechanism of action, efficacy, adverse effects, and contraindications for pharmacologic options in treating adolescents with PMS/PMDD.
Accreditation Statement This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH) and has been approved for 1 contact hour CE credit, including 0.25 hours of pharmacology credit.
Faculty DisclosuresCasey S. Hopkins PhD, RN, WHNP-BC has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to the contents of this article.
Bianca A. Forte MSN, WHNP-BC has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to the contents of this article.
Successful Completion Requires participants to:
- Read the objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers
- Watch the activity and review the handout.
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the session evaluation.
- Print your CE certificate.
- Go to your profile to view all earned certificates.
Commercial Support This activity has no commercial support.