Self-care has been defined as "being responsible to yourself." It has also been defined as "something that refuels us, rather than takes from us."
In this session we will look at the different elements of self-care and discuss practical steps to think about it more mindfully. We will look at some important questions including:
- How does self-care relate to our work?
- What are some of the challenges to incorporating self-care?
- How does self-care relate to improved mood, and decreased anxiety?
- How do we learn about self-care?
- How can we create a definition of self-care for ourselves?
We will explore the important connection between self-care and mental health, and how we might re-frame it for ourselves and others.