November is always crunch time to make sure that you have
the systems in place, with the right communications and outreach so that you
can close all the gifts your worked so hard to put in place by that magical moment
– December 31! During this time, there are many competing interests to juggle:
Reaching our donors in between the upcoming holidays throughout November and
December; Giving Tuesday; End-of-Year mail campaigns; Special Events; and the
day-to-day tasks of running the organization. Laura has created the right
structure for you to master your calendar and optimize the ideal times when you
can reach your supporters. Communicating with supporters when THEY are in the
right frame of mind to have those meaningful conversations will maximize your
success to CLOSE all types of gifts. Bonus time – she will show you how you can
use December as the perfect time to line up your visits and outreach in
January and February so that you start 2023 off and running with new gifts in
the new year.
- Select the right mode of communications to reach each person. Keep in mind it may not be the way you have reached them previously.
- Carefully craft the right words with the right tone that will motivate them to make a decision by the end-of-the year.
- Learn the ideal week to contact each person as well as how to inspire your leadership, donors, and volunteers to help you during that week to close the gifts.
- Couple your “closing conversation” with an invitation to meet with them early in the new either to steward the gift; receive the gift if the person could not commit; or to set up the enhanced larger gift in 2023.