Join us and ATIA Members for AT Demo Days!It's time for a quick refresh of what's new with AT products. Get an overview of many products during these two days of demos.
We know it's hard to keep up with all the latest features and product announcements. We want to make it easier, so join us for AT Demo Days to keep up-to-speed with a variety of AT products.
Sessions will take place on two Wednesdays in September via the ATIA Learning Center. Sessions are sponsored by ATIA members and free for anyone to attend. Live sessions will have prize giveaways!
Schedule and participating ATIA members:*
- Glean: Glean Boosts Student Success with Independent Note Taking
- Presenter: Lee Chambers, Head of DSA & Channel Sales
- Discover how Glean's personal study app creates confident learners. Students can record their classes, add text notes and images, import slides, and create transcripts to build personal study resources. Glean for Education solves how you provide effective note taking accommodations for improved student success and retention. It reduces stress, boosts confidence, and improves grades by allowing learners to capture everything, stay organised, and review content at their own pace. 91% of users improved or maintained their grades in just one semester of using Glean.
- Dolphin Computer Access: Discover Why EasyReader is the World's Most Used Accessible Reading App
- Presenter: Mary Jo Barry, Sales & Marketing Manager, North America
- In this session we'll demonstrate how to download the app to any device-iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and Fire. You'll learn how to directly connect the app to accessible libraries and repositories like Bookshare, NLS BARD and NFB-Newsline. Additionally, we’ll show you how students can read web text or open and read documents within Google Classroom and Microsoft Education. Each student can select their preferred language and can customize their reading preferences to suit their level of sight or neurodiversity.
- Novare Products LLC: Assistive Technology at New Heights
- Presenter: Wayne Crolley, Founder and Managing Member
- During this presentation, Wayne will review the current barriers, opportunities, and potential impact of developing and bringing to market a line of assistive technology products that have a unique functionality designed to remove a pervasive and largely unaddressed accessibility barrier facing millions of Americans with physical disabilities.
- KiwiWrite Math: Write Math Assignments Online Easily
- Presenter: Marcia Edel, Founder
- Learn about supporting students with handwriting challenges in math, through the use of the KiwiWrite Math web app. Students simply click, tap, or type using Kiwi's on-screen interface to create and layout math problems. KiwiWrite supports students of all ages, and includes options for students to place work right on top of a worksheet, or in a blank page.
- Habitat Learn Inc.: Discover the Power of Messenger Pigeon: Enhancing Students' Learning through Notes, Transcripts, and our Ai Powered Studying Assistant
- Presenters: Tyler Hodess, Director of Higher Education and Partnerships; Daniel Goerz, CEO, Habitat Learn North America
- Welcome to our demo presentation showcasing Messenger Pigeon's groundbreaking feature - Study Assistant! 🐦 🚀 Messenger Pigeon's Study Assistant is here to revolutionize the learning experience. In this demo, we will take you on a journey through the powerful capabilities of the app.
Key Highlights of the Demo:
- We'll show you how easy it is to capture various learning materials, from lecture recordings and transcripts to notes, all within the Messenger Pigeon app.
- Study Assistant's advanced algorithms in action. Witness how it generates insightful text, relevant keywords, and interactive quizzes to help you extract valuable insights, reinforce knowledge, and improve retention.
- We'll demonstrate the Study Assistant's flexibility, supporting mobile, desktop, and web platforms. Learn how to access your educational materials whenever and wherever you need them.
- Option to access expert note takers for a premium learning experience.
- Raising the Floor - US: AT-on-Demand: Free Ability to Use Any AT on All Your Public or Shared Use Computers
- Presenter: Gregg Vanderheiden, Professor
- New free utility from nonprofit RtF allows AT users to use any computer in any location at school, library, community center etc. Installed on over 10,000 computers at home, major universities, libraries and disability program - and now in process of installation in K-12 schools, including rural and Tribal schools. For the first time - equal access to all computers a student or adult encounters and needs to access.
- ReadSpeaker: Keyboard Commands and Other Tools within ReadSpeaker's Suite of Learning Tools
- Presenters: Kathy Wood, Education Partner Manager; Ginger Dewey, Educational Development Manager
- Did you know that ReadSpeaker's text-to-speech Suite of Learning Tools allows learners to personalize settings to adjust to their learning style? Whether it’s font, background color, or even keyboard commands, we believe students should customize according to how they learn best. Join us for this brief demonstration of key features within our LMS-certified integrations to see how you can help your students increase engagement and focus.
- Tobii Dynavox: Computer Access for Kids on TD I-Series
- Presenter: Patrick Brune M.S. CCC/SLP, Senior Learning Consultant
- We will explore computer access, why it matters, and review Tobii Dynavox software solutions that support children beginning their eye gaze journey with the TD I-Series.
- PRC-Saltillo: Widen Your World: NovaChat Computer Controls
- Presenter: Heather Prenovost, MS, CCC-SLP, Training & Implementation Specialist
- Check out the new device accessory that empowers NovaChat communicators with computer controls! After purchasing the InputStick, a wireless USB receiver, your AAC vocabulary to communicate on your Windows®-based PC, Mac®, or Chromebook™. The InputStick connects your NovaChat 5, NovaChat 8, or NovaChat 10 via Bluetooth, allowing you to access the web, create documents, send emails, watch videos, connect on social media, and more! The InputStick accessory provides a great next step for independent computer work as well as communication across digital channels. Join us for an introduction and demonstration of how the InputStick and NovaChat can widen your AAC learner’s world.
- Attainment Company: Going Beyond the Borders of AAC
- Presenters: Joni Nygard, MS CCC-SLP, VP of AAC Resources and Services; Kevin McInerney, Software Communication Manager
- Let's go beyond the borders of grid-based communication tools. This technical session will explore use of video for expressive communication and literacy development. In addition, look at how an application for off the shelf technology has offered those without a voice, a new option for voice output communication.
- PRC-Saltillo: Discover AAC Coaching Corner by PRC-Saltillo
- Presenter: Beth Waite-Lafever, MA-CCC/SLP-ATP, Training & Implementation Specialist
- Are you a professional, parent, or family member supporting an individual who uses AAC? Ready to improve your communication partner skills, connect with others, and learn from an experienced AAC Coach? Our AAC Coaching Corner offers options for professionals and parents/family members. Discover options for online coaching, including self-paced eLearning courses with interactive features, video clips, and materials to download and try with your AAC learners. Participants come to online meetings to share successes, challenges, and engage in lively discussion guided by their AAC Coach. There's something for everyone at AAC Coaching Corner.
* Schedule subject to change.
AT Demo Days do not offer CEUs.
To register, Click the "
Add to Cart" button below and proceed to complete your free purchase. You will automatically be registered for two sessions.
Once registered, when you click on "My Live Events" under your profile, the sessions will be listed here. You will also receive an email that will permit you to add each session to your personal calendar. We look forward to seeing you in September!
Recordings will be available through March 31, 2024.